Book Rebecca P. Cohen
School Visit Impact 4 min
with teacher, librarian and student testimonials
Rebecca P. Cohen
Author Rebecca P. Cohen has taught 6,000 children in North America, Europe, Africa, and China and is the go-to spokesperson and inspirational speaker for getting outside any time of the year. Rebecca's early reader children's book series, PJ's Backyard Adventures, is the latest project from the author of the book, 15 Minutes Outside: 365 Ways to Get Out of the House and Connect with Your Kids (Sourcebooks) and creator of Rebecca Plants Curiosity Cards. Rebecca’s work has been featured in USA Today, Better Home and Gardens, Parenting, Redbook, Working Mother, Family Circle, and Backyard Solutions.
List of Events
Spring Mar Preschool
Lake Anne Nursery Kindergarten
Dulin Cooperative Preschool
Children Together, DC
Yoga Vista, Los Angeles
June Creek Elementary
Brush Creek Elementary
St. Francis Xavier School, Phoenix
Temple Emanuel Denver
CU Children's Center
Vail Public Library
Children's Garden of Learning
Western Academy of Beijing
British School of Beijing
International School of Beijing
Invite the author to visit your school
Rebecca has extensive experience on camera and engaging live audiences, and school author visits are her favorite thing to do.
6 Ways to invite the author to your school
1. One week author and outdoor educator in residence for all grades.
2. Pre-K through 2nd grade classroom interactive story, craft, and journaling (as appropriate for older children) about imagination, play and the world.
3. Guest speaker at Parent Association meetings & book signing.
4. Seed sprouting in cups event for every student in the school.
5. Teacher training: 10 easy outdoor lessons for the classroom.
6. Presentations and/or storytelling and writing workshops tailored to older students, “You Can Be an Author” or “Why Write?” about writing & publishing.
Rebecca has also delivered training for schools, nonprofits, and corporations, and is also host of the video series, Get Out of the House, which shows fun ideas for time outside in every season. In 2012, Rebecca was a finalist for the Outdoor Inspiration Award, presented by adidas Outdoor.
Rebecca has been a proud ambassador of the Seeds of Change Sowing Millions Project and featured as a spokesmom for the National Wildlife Federation’s Be Out There movement on PBS Wild Animal Baby. In addition to hosting the Mars Ambassador Program in South Africa, she has also worked on campaigns for Ore-Ida and contributed content to countless websites including PBS Parents.